The Holocaust Encyclopedia includes
- hundreds of entries arranged alphabetically, from antisemitism trough the ages and Holocaust art to Zyklon B, the cyanide compound used in the Nazi gas chambers.
- 276 photographs (many never before published) and 19 maps
- articles by such eminent authorities as Raul Hilberg and Saul Friedländer
- prefatory essay by Walter Laqeur
- a full and complete chronology of events for the years 1933-1945
- a comprehensive, up-to-date bibliographical essay, including web sites